Meeting minutes of 2011 Board

 

Oct 6th, 2011
 
Attendees:
Chand Akkineni, Devanand Kondur, Madhu Tata, Rajesh Jampala, Sita Valluripalli, Sreedevi Dadithota, Sunil Katepalli, Upendra Narra, Venkat Mondeddu

Agenda: 
Discuss and finalize the issue on Election Committee member - Segireddy Srinivas garu.

I am trying to get a common agreement within the Board.  Let me know if I miss any points. Especially, please let me know your opinion on point # 2.
1.  Majority board members agreed that there is no voilation, so no action is taken in this regards. 
2.  However, as few board members felt that there is a voilation, we as board members keep a close watch on the Election Committee functionlity, If there is a voilation, as a board we have obligation to take necessary action.

Sep 15th, 2011

Attendees:
Chand Akkineni, Devanand Kondur, Madhu Tata, Rajesh Jampala, Sita Valluripalli, Sreedevi Dadithota, Sunil Katepalli, Upendra Narra, Venkat Mondeddu

Note:  Sunil dropped as he has to attend another important call.

Agenda : 

1. Finalization of the Election Committee
2. Dicussion on the comments made by a Board member
3. TAMA@30 accounts – Banquet and GICC ticket sales, pending collections and payments, final picture
4. Accounts Audit for 2010
5. Pallekpodam – review
6. Vibha 
7. Working with National Organizations
8. Remaining programs for the year
9. Any other topics requested by members

10.  GBM

11.  Parliamentarian

12.  By-laws modification

 

The following names are finalized for the Election Committee:

1. Finalization of the Election Committee

       Krishnamohan Pinnamaneni - Election Board Chairman
       Sairam Surapaneni
       Srinivas Segireddy


2. Dicussion on the comments made by a Board member

       Everyone felt that we shouldnot use harsh words for each other.

 

3. TAMA@30 accounts – Banquet and GICC ticket sales, pending collections and payments, final picture

       Board is taking responsibility to finalize the income / expenses.  All tasks are devided in three catogories.
          Banquet - Rajesh, Devanad, Sreedevi
          GICC - Chand, Sita, Sunil
          Donars pending money & pending payments - Madhu, Venkat, Upendra

 

4. Accounts Audit for 2010

          22nd September -  EC - Sunil will send an update on the 2010 accounts.

          Board approved to file the taxes.


5. Pallekpodam – review

          Need to review the expenses and income for the event. 

          Preliminary report:  We might have recovered the accomodation expenses, loss in food expenses.

          Over all participants:  Approximately 150 members

          Facilities are good, Overall event is good.

          Some felt last years event is good.

          Satish Musinuri helped a lot, food, followup and more.

          
6. Other Volunteer organizations - Venkat, Rajesh and Madhu will talk to these organizations to find out the expectations from TAMA. 

      Suggestion - We do support all these organizations through news letters and word of mouth.  No donations.

          6.1. Vibha

          6.2. Batakamma pandaga

          6.3. Vegeshna Foundation

             
7. Working with National Organizations

          It is purely based on personal values and ethics. TAMA should be proirity.  It is difficult to define.  NO decision made.


8. Remaining programs for the year

          Moved to next meeting, as sunil dropped before discussing this point.

9. Any other topics requested by members

            The following are 3 points added for today's meeting.

 

10.  GBM

            1st Date:  Oct 22nd, 2011

             2nd Date:  Diwali.  Date need to be confirmed from EC. 

             We need to send notification 30 days in advance.  We can send one notification for both dates.

 

11.  Parliamentarian

             Order of preference:  If the first person accepted, we are not approaching anyone else.  And so on.

                  Murthy Komanduri

                  Jaganmohan

                  Ranakumar

                  Narendra Reddy

                   

12.  By-laws modification

         Devanand, Rajesh, Madhu, Venkat, Sunil & Suresh are working on amendments. 

         We need to comeup with final draft before September 22nd, so that we can send notification to community 30 days in advance.

 

 
Sep 6th, 2011
 
Attendees:
Chand Akkineni, Devanand Kondur, Madhu Tata, Rajesh Jampala, Sita Valluripalli, Sreedevi Dadithota, Sunil Katepalli, Upendra Narra, Venkat Mondeddu
 
Agenda:
Finalizing the Election Committee
 
The following names are finalized for the Election Committee:
Krishnamohan Pinnamaneni - Election Board Chairman
Sairam Surapaneni
Srinivas Segireddy
Srinivas Cherukumilli
Raj Kasireddy
 
Additionally, Board discussed about TAMA 30th Financials:
We don't have clear information on how much we received through tickets, banquet and donations/pledges.
1.  We need to make ticket reconciliation
2.  We need to verify all pledges and make arrangements to collect
 
August 31st 2011
 
Attendies:
 Chand Akkineni, Devanand Kondur, Madhu Tata, Rajesh Jampala, Sita Valluripalli, Sreedevi Dadithota, Sunil Katepalli, Upendra Narra, Venkat Mondeddu
 
Agenda:
1.  Revisiting Election Committee members
2.  Revisiting Election Dates
 
Here is the summary of the Agenda discussed in the conference call and agreed upon:
1.  Revisiting Election Committee members
     Chand garu already talked to the following three people, and took their concern to be member of Election committe: 
          Krishnamohan Pinnamaneni, Srinivas Cherukumilli, Balaram Reddy
     1.1.  In addition to these names, please send the proposed names to the board before September 5th Midnight.
     1.2  Before sending the names, take 50% approval from the proposed individual.
 
2.  Revisiting Election Dates
     2.1 Board is proposing the following dates to EC for Elections.
           October 22nd, 2011
           November 5th, 2011
 
     2.2  EC will find the venue on the proposed dates, communicate to Board for further election process.
 
The following two points also finalised during today's conference call:
 3.  2010 Accounts:
     3.1 Audit committee will finalize the accounts by this weekend and inform the Board. 
     3.2 Targeting for Sep15th to file the taxes
 
4.  EC to publish pending items to finalise TAMA@30 accounts.  Board members will followup on those items.
 
5.  Devanand is working on Amemdments to by-laws.  Please send your proposals to him, copying Board and EC. 
 
 
August 13th 2011
 
Attendies:
Chand Akkineni, Upendra Narra, Rajesh Jampala, Venkat Mondeddu, Sita Valluripalli, Sreedevi Dadithota.
 
Agenda:
1.  Election committee and schedule
2.  Audit Committee for 2010 Accounts and TAMA@30
3.  Response from ATA team
4.  Long Term Plans
 
Here is the summary of the Agenda discussed in the conference call and agreed upon:
1.  Election Committee and Schedule
     1.1.  All members in the call agreed that the elections to be conducted along with Diwali.
     1.2. As we have to organize one GBM per year, we can combine Diwali, GBM and Elections on the same day.
     1.3. Tentative Election Schedule (assuming Diwali to be conducted on November 5th or 6th:)
                September 1:  Announce Election Committee 
                September 15: Announce of Election Schedule
                October 1 or 2:  Inviting Nominations
                October 15 or 16:  Closing Nominations
                November 5 or 6:  GBM/Elections/Diwali Celebrations
     1.4.  Rules for Election Committee
               1.4.1.  Election committee members should not contest for any position, including Board of Directors
               1.4.2.  Election committee family members also should not contest for any position, including Board of Directors
      1.5.  Proposed names for Election Committee
               Raghavababu Tadavarthi
               Srinivas Cherukumilli
               Mehar Lanka
               Srinivas Segireddy
               Raj Kasireddy
                Note:  We asked to propose any new names if we come across/want to nominate
 
2.  Audit Committee for 2010 Accounts and TAMA@30
      2.1  The following TAMA members are in Audit Committee
               Sheela Lingam, Sunil Shavale, Sridevi (from Vijay Kothapalli's subdivision)
 
3.  Response from ATA team
      3.1  Following are the members from TAMA to coordinate the event - ATA Convention 2012 
               Mahesh Pawar, Suresh Peddi,Upendra Narra, Venkat Mondeddu, Madhu Tata, Chand Akkineni. 
 
4.  Long Term Plans
      4.1  Community Facility , having own premises. 
               Proposal from Maharashtra mandala president that, if all local Indian associations can come together for having own premises and run as a rental facility. 
               All board members agreed that, there should a feasibility study should be done, providing the financial aspects and overheads.  Once we have the report, we will revisit this proposal.
     4.2  Radio Station by TAMA - Need to contact Raj Chawala who organizes "Indian Radio" (not sure of the name of the program).  Sreedevi Dadithota will be responsible for collecting the information.
 

 

      

Sponsors

2020 Sponsorship Package

 
Platinum Sponsors
 
Gold Sponsors

Silver Sponsors
 

Bronze Sponsors
 

Media Partners